Sunday, September 30, 2012

Growing Belly

I always knew I wanted to document my growing belly, and searched pinterest endlessly looking for good ideas. I loved the chalkboard idea, but between full time nursing school, working 12 hour shifts at the hospital, puking my guts out for weeks and studying endlessly, I just didn't have the time or energy. I decided to go a simple route, and use monthly belly stickers that my mom found on etsy. I started a little late, but to be fair at 8 and 12 weeks there was ZERO change in my belly, and no one would have ever known there was a little strawberry growing in there. I do wish I had gotten a good "before" shot though.

My biggest suggestion for documenting a growing baby belly would be to make sure you take the same kind of picture each month, that way you can really see how your stomach changes. I thought it was insane how much my belly changed between 28 and 32 weeks! I wanted all of my pictures to be very similar so it wouldn't be as distracting and you could really focus on how much things had changed. Each month I made sure to wear the same white shirt and black yoga pants, and stood infront of the dark wall in my bathroom. I was also induced a week early, so I didn't get a grand "40" week pic.






No comments:

Post a Comment